FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
EDM @ LDI Tradeshow & Workshops
Electronic Dance Music Master Classes (EDMMC) with Industry experts in Lighting, Projection & Sound
November 17-23, 2014
Las Vegas Convention Center
Steve Lieberman of SJ Lighting and Vello Virkhaus of V Squared Labs
EDM@LDI is bringing professional DJs & VJs together with the top manufacturers of gear and professional training at the annual LDI2014, the largest North American trade show and conference for entertainment design and technology, being held at the Las Vegas Convention Center on November 17-23, 2014.
EDM@LDI is open to all working and aspiring DJs and VJs looking to learn the latest in DJ and VJ gear via booths and demos, extensive training and education from key industry experts, sessions from both aspiring and established DJs, and a state of the art performance space.
LDI has partnered with three of the top industry leaders - Marked Events, which produces BPM, Europe’s largest trade show dedicated to the DJ market, bringing key manufacturers on the show floor; DJ TechTools, the world’s largest global DJ website, will promote EDM@LDI to its dedicated fan base of 600,000 aspiring and professional DJs from around the world as well as schedule and curate key panels and sessions; and Dubspot, the premier electronic music and DJ school in the world, will host a three-day workshop with lectures covering DJing, music production, sound design, mixing and mastering, and visual performance. Workshops will also discuss cutting-edge tools like VDMX, Traktor, Komplete +, Ableton Live, Maschine, Reason, and iZotope software.
Ean Golden, DJ TechTools founder and widely respected DJ, will personally be heavily involved in the onsite content. He will host two sessions at EDM@LDI, including an in-depth look into “Creative Controllerism,” highlighting the art of the DJ and how the use of technology can add flair and creativity to his set. Ean will also host a Q&A with sound engineer genius Luca Pretolesi of Studio DMI.
There will be a special performance by London/LA foursome Noize Parade on Friday, November 21 on the EDM stage. After winning Fame Music’s World Electronic Music contest with their epic electro-tinged vocal track ‘Dangerous’, Noize Parade catapulted on to high profile performances at some of Ibiza’s hottest events – Cream, Together and Pukka Up’s largest ever yacht party – before embarking on a mini international tour taking in Las Vegas and Dubai.
Working and aspiring DJs and VJs looking to become part of EDM@LDI and start acquiring the tools to succeed can register here.
Electronic Dance Music Master Classes (EDMMC) – Lighting & Projection
Take a look at the sharpest visuals on the EDM scene at the Electronic Dance Music Master Classes for Lighting + Projection. Creative consultants Steve Lieberman of SJ Lighting and Vello Virkhaus of V Squared Labs return to lead our second Electronic Dance Music Master Classes focusing on production and lighting design, programming, pixel mapping, 3D mapping, working with DJs, creating documentation, and more for the EDM world, from clubs and smaller venues to festivals, and everything in between.
Electronic Dance Music Master Classes (EDMMC) – Sound
Creative consultants and sound engineering/install/design professionals Todd Konecny and Rupert Murray of Sound Investment Audio, will lead the first-ever Live Design Electronic Dance Music Master Classes for sound. These EDM Master Classes focus on all things audio with two days of in-depth sessions covering sound design and installation, signal processing, high output sound systems, clubs versus festival settings, and other essential issues on producing great-sounding EDM events.
Electronic Dance Music Master Clases – additional featured speakers include:
- Vello Virkhaus, co-creative consultant for 2014 EDMMC. He is the CEO and creative director of V Squared Labs, an experiential visual art production studio. His VJ skills have been seen at Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival, and he has worked with Skrillex, Amon Tobin, and Krewella, to name a few.
- Steve Lieberman, co-creative consultant for 2014 EDMMC. He is the founder of SJ Lighting, and a world-renowned production and lighting designer for such large-scale EDM festivals as Electric Daisy Carnival and Ultra Music Festival, as well as world class clubs.
- Surya Buchwald, visualist for The Glitch Mob and Wolfgang Gartner.
- Mat Halee, Founder Of Imag8ninteen.
- Rupert AG Murray, co-creative consultant for 2014 EDMMC and is a recent addition to the Sound Investment Audio.
- Todd Konecny, co-creative consultant for 2014 EDMMC. He is a partner at Sound Investment Audio.
- Alex Ares designed For Swedish House Mafia, A-Trak, and more.
- Koen De Puysseleir, Tiesto’s exclusive designer.
- Todd Moyer of Todd Moyer Designs, provides unique experiences through the use of art and technology.
- Mike Winklemann, graphic designer working with Deadmau5, Skrillex, And Avicii.
For more info on EDMMC sessions and schedule, click here.
For more info on EDM@LDI, please go to:
Now in its 27th year, Live Design International (LDI) has become the leading tradeshow and conference for live design professionals in North and South America. Over 8,000 attendees working in theatre, concerts, houses of worship, corporate presentations, clubs, theme parks, and any other live venue, come to LDI from 72 countries to see the latest gear in action, refresh their knowledge, and replenish their creativity. More than 300 exhibiting companies provide attendees with live demos and the opportunity for face-to-face discussions about equipment, including lighting, sound, projection, and special effects.