FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ELECTRIC ZOO 2011
New York’s Electronic Music Festival
September 2, 3, 4 (Labor Day Weekend)
@ Randall’s Island Park, NYC
Electric Zoo Payment Plans, Dust Reduction Efforts
Payment Plans let you pay for your passes in installments
LAST DATE TO ORDER VIA LAYAWAY IS JULY 1
You know you want to go to Electric Zoo but you don't have all the money for a pass available right now. If only you could pay a little now and a little later, right? Well we've got good news for you!
New in 2011, Electric Zoo fans have the option to purchase their pass on a payment plan. Layaway options are available when ordering online or by calling 888-512-SHOW (7469). There are 2 different Payment Plan options:
- 50% Down: This plan allows you to pay 50% of your order total plus service fees now, with the remaining 50% automatically deducted from your card on August 1, 2011.
- 30% Down + Equal Payments: This plan allows you to pay 30% of your order total plus service fees now, with the remaining balance automatically deducted in equal payments on July 1st and August 1st, 2011.
Let's clear the air: Dust reduction efforts for 2011
When Electric Zoo opened up last year, on Saturday September 4 at 11am, the Randall's Island Park lawn was lush, long, and seemingly healthy. But the dancing and frolicking of 25,000 pairs of feet coupled with the unusually dry summer took a toll, and by the end of the day, the grass had been trampled and a lot of dirt had been kicked up into the air. When the wind gusted - especially around the Sunday School Grove, but in other parts of the festival grounds too - the dust was downright obnoxious. Many of you, understandably, have expressed concerns about this. We hear you, and we've been working on measures to address this problem in 2011. We're serious about doing everything we can to minimize the dust, so we can ALL breathe easy and focus on what we love - the music!
Here's a list of things we've put in place to reduce the dust:
- Flooring will be used in all of the tents. This means that where all that dancing is going on, the grass will be protected and dirt won't be kicked up.
- Dirt service roads will be covered with flooring. As our crew travels in golf carts and other vehicles to get from place to place around the perimeter of the festival grounds, there'll be far less dirt stirred up.
- Making use of existing pavement for high traffic areas, including the area directly in front of the main stage. The main stage will be moved back this year in order to create more space. This will mean that a large area directly in front of the main stage will now be situated on pavement rather than grass. So when you "tear up the dancefloor" in front of the main stage, you'll no longer be tearing up grass and kicking up dirt at the same time
We've also hired lawn specialists to consult with and work with our friends at Randall's Island Park to improve on the maintenance of the field and to get it as healthy as possible before Electric Zoo. At their recommendation, we have also taken these measures:
- Installed additional irrigation in early Spring
- Lawn aeration
- Reseeding, fertilizing and adding gypsum
Stay tuned for more lineup announcements!
Made Event Upcoming Dates
June 17 Markus Schulz @ Pacha NYC
September 2, 3, 4 Electric Zoo: New York’s Electronic Music Festival @ Randall’s Island Park, NYC
About Made Event
Made Event, helmed by Mike Bindra and Laura De Palma, working with a team of industry leaders, is committed to excellence in the programming, promotion, and production of electronic dance music events. They stand at the vanguard of their field due to the world-renowned caliber of entertainment and expert production values they bring into a variety of distinctive and innovative venues. In 2009, Made Event launched the inaugural Electric Zoo and was nominated for “Promoter of the Year” by URB magazine and “Best Music Event” and “Best Event Promoter” by the International Dance Music Awards for the best of 2010. With over 25 years of combined experience, and over 400 successful events produced in New York City and Miami, Made Event continues to set the bar for quality electronic music events. For more info, please go to www.MadeEvent.com.