Cielo ‘Cinco' Album Release Party
'Cinco' Mixed By Nicolas Matar & Willie Graff (Tommy Boy)
Cielo celebrates the release of its 5 year compilation album CINCO, with an album release party on Saturday, May 31st with resident DJs Nicolas Matar and Willie Graff. The release party is in advance of the album's release date on Tommy Boy on July 8th and Graff's annual pilgrimage to Ibiza for his summer residency.
CINCO is an eclectic amalgam of styles incorporating deep house, techno embellishments, and soulful vibes. The album begins in classic style with Carl Craig's C2 remix of pianist Francesco Tristano's "The Melody" and features a selection of tracks with a Spanish homegrown flair from longtime Ibiza cohort DJ Pippi and Willie Graff, as well as legendary Spaniards Kiko Navarro and Cesar De Melero. Also included are the latest tracks from Tommy Boy artists Ultra Naté and Louie Vega, three stunning remixes from Charles Webster, and contributions from dub-techno duo Swayzak, Billboard #1 Hot Dance Club Play artist Joi Cardell, NYC Small Wonder DJ/producer Alix Alvarez, owner of Toronto's acclaimed DNH Records Nick Holder for NRK, keyboardist Eric Kupper as K-Scope, Osunlade as Nomumbah, and deep soulful house artist Halo Varga amongst the talented collection.
The duo of Nicolas Matar and Willie Graff artfully combine their common musical bearings and experienced DJ styles across the Cielo compilation series. Matar has developed his eclectic sound by playing in the most celebrated nightclubs in the world over the past fifteen years. His skillful DJ'ing combines elements of jazz, deep house, techno and African and Latin influences. Matar eventually opened Cielo in 2003 in order to create a spiritual and musical counterpart to the best of clubbing he had witnessed globally. He brought in resident DJ, Willie Graff, who is known for spinning an array of house music genres while incorporating a deep, moody and minimal style. Graff performs at the hottest clubs around the globe and is also the world renowned Pacha Ibiza's resident DJ during the summer season.
For those who've never ventured inside the retro-futuristic club and housed it up on the sunken dance-floor - mind and body lifted by its crisp, pure, heavenly sound - the Cielo compilation series transports you to Cielo for the perfect night of clubbing. For the faithful, it will expand horizons. Widely recognized as the ‘Best Club' in North America by The Club World Awards (winner in 2008, 2006 & 2005) and top-ranked annually in DJ Mag's Top Clubs of the World, Cielo and the unprecedented success of the compilation series, has amassed a worldwide audience and appeals to the more mature and seasoned dance music aficionados. The ongoing success of the series is a testament to the distinctive style of programming at Cielo, which celebrates top quality music above all else.
The tracklisting for Cielo Cinco is as follows:
CD 1 - NOW
1. Francesco Tristano - The Melody (C2 remix)
2. Nomumbah - Like A Rainbow (Dub)
3. Dj Pippi, Tucillo & Kiko Navarro - Higher
4. Kenny Bobien - Set Them Free (Rocco Spectral Mix)
5. Rucyl - Love In War (Pete Gust KID Remix
6. Alix Alvarez & Malena Perez - Cool Lil Thing (Alix Alvarez Dub)
7. Ultra Nate - Twisted (Louie Vega Remix)
8. Halo & Kemal feat. Arnold Jarvis - Lift Me Up (Halo & Kemal Dub)
9. Danny Marquez - Vibrations (Rocco Sunset Mix)
10. Soni - Here to Stay (Main Mix)
11. Soul Central feat. Abigail Bailey - Time After Time (Yoruba Soul Mix)
12. Furry Phreaks with Terra Deva - Soothe (Charles Webster 2008 mix)
CD 2 - THEN
1. Afeke Iku - Movement
2. Herb LF feat. Matt Flores - City Rush (Boogie Dub)
3. K-Scope - Elecktrikiss
4. Joi Cardwell & Steal Vybe - Wanderlust (Alix Alvarez Sole Channel Dub)
5. Nick Holder feat. Zaki - Swimming (Dub Mix)
6. Kawabata - Movin' On
7. Demetucci - Deep Inside
8. Swell Session vs. Mark de Clive-Lowe feat. Anni Elif - All Of Me (Charles Webster Mix)
9. Justin Martin - Nightowl (Manoo & Francois A Remix)
10. Swayzak - Caught In This Affair
11. Phonique feat. Ian Whitelaw and Meltz - Work It Out (Charles Webster First Remix)
12. DJ Pippi vs. Willie Graff - Hyper Space (Space Dub Mix)
Located at 18 Little West 12th Street, in the heart of New York City's trendy Meat Packing District, is open nightly from 10:00pm-4:00am. Cielo is a beautifully designed 350-capacity club featuring a world-class, state-of-the-art digital Funktion One soundsystem. Since its opening in 2003, Cielo has become an internationally renowned dance music nightclub brand and has upheld its edict of world-class music, professional service and all-inclusive atmosphere.
Over the last 5 years, Cielo has continued to triumph and collect accolades including; Club World Awards 2008 winner for Best Club (Winner 2005 & 2006) and Best Party - Dance.Here.Now.; Top 50 Nightclubs in the World- DJ Magazine 2006 & 2007; Best Nightclub- Village Voice 2006; Best Deep House Club- New York Magazine 2006; Best Resident DJ Francois K- Club World Awards 2006 & 2005; Best Venue USA- URB Magazine 2005; Best Interior Design- Club World Awards 2004; Best Club- Dancestar Awards USA 2004.
PRESS RSVP: email@example.com
Saturday, May 31st
Cielo Residents Nicolas Matar & Willie Graff
11pm - 4am / $20 cover
18 Little West 12th Street
New York City